Coolum is a busy hub for outdoor and indoor dining with our many cafes, delicatessens, restaurants, clubs, take-away shops and bakeries serving up a smorgasbord of quality foods, juices, beverages and alcohol. Coolum traders take pride in their quality of service and cuisine. Our festival is all about 'giving back' and supporting our community, thus our Artisan Alley market stalls will not be serving food, nor our Coolum Civic Centre main venue serving alcohol - all these treats are just a stroll away!
Just relax and enjoy the views! And, what a beautiful place to enjoy a picnic! Festival-goers are encouraged to grab a picnic 'blanket' and a picnic basket from The Shop Convenience Store and enjoy the Festival Picnic Hamper deals being offered especially for festival-goers by our many eateries. Then just take a break from the busy festival program and relax under a pandanus tree by the beach or in our beautiful parks - savouring the scenery while savouring the food and getting to know new friends. Coolum cafes, restaurants and clubs are also offering Festival Meal Deals. Festival Food Trail eateries are providing platters of food for our "Literary Picnics" in Coolum Civic Centre on Saturday and Sunday.
Follow our Festival Food Trail which starts here:
1) My Place Restaurant - the home of our 'Start with a Laugh' Literary Breakfasts. This very popular eatery boasts not only excellent breakfasts, pizzas, pastas, but also spectacular ocean views - and it is common to spot dolphins playing in the waves close to shore or whales breaching out behind the breakers. Say hello to owner David Hadid and his ultra-friendly staff when you step in.
2) The Shop Convenience Store - Gaye and David strive to offer the best coffee in town (and Dave also strives to wear the most-stunning range of "happy shirts" in town). The Shop is offering Festival coffee vouchers for our festival-goers. The Shop sponsors our Festival Volunteers - check out those stunning purple T-shirts with white writing. Venture in, and you will find a delicious range of healthy foods fresh from the farms, kitchens and suppliers. The shelves are full of gourmet, organic, gluten-free groceries; local cheeses, breads, yoghurts and milks; plus the neccessities such as phone credit and newspapers.
3) Lavish Cafe & Delicatessen - Lavish deli brings a slice of Europe to the heart of Coolum Beach with a selection of high-quality products from around the world (and that includes the Sunshine Coast and Australia). As a small business, they pride themselves on providing high customer service to the local community as well as holiday-makers. Come along and relax in the peaceful courtyard while enjoying a light meal from their menu or simply sip your coffee accompanied by a sweet bite. Lavish serves Tim Adams Coffee, locally roasted by the QLD Barista Champion himself.
4) The Caf Coolum is the perfect place to enjoy freshly roasted coffee while catching up with friends, enjoy a light lunch, kick back with a glass of wine, savour a sweet treat, use the free wi-fi or simply take some time out. Hosts Diane and Simon love mixing up the menu with new home-made delights every day - and they even share the recipes.
5) Freddy Fuddpukka's Cafe - Funny name but serious coffee. Katharine and Lyle serve up a variety of freshly baked sweet treats as well as a huge breakfast and lunch menu. There are also tasty snacks such as mini-quiches and sandwiches to stock up your picnic basket and some delicious juice recipes to help you through the day.
6) Coolum Bowls Club - The home of our 'Smorgasbord of Authors' in the outdoor function area. Great lunch and dinners at affordable club prices.
7) The Coffee Club - All-day breakfast and cafe lunches, plus signature coffee blends, in an established, casual chain. "Fantastic food, served with a happy smile. Piping hot coffee tastes superb!" Manager Nick Kumar and his friendly staff will serve up delecious meals and snacks with a smile.
8) Coolum Seafoods - A great range of fresh and cooked seafood products including fresh prawns and prawn cutlets, crabs, calamari, oysters and muscles and Fisherman's baskets for one or two persons. Also burgers an sandwiches plus snacks on the go such as chicko rolls, fish bites, corn jacks and hot dogs. Say hi to Nveille and Renae and staff.
9) YumGelato - Made in-store fresh daily with 24 mouth-watering flavours and new ones daily. Festival deal: Two scoops for the price of one. Sundaes, milk shakes, thick shakes, sorbet, taster platers and gelato spiders. Say hello to Leanne and the friendly team. The YumGelato team will be delivering gelato treats to our Literary Lunch 'Picnics' in Coolum Civic Centre on Saturday and Sunday in true Coolum style on their newly-painted Gelato Tricycle. What fun!
10) Stellarossa - Funky expresso-bar offering blends made with sustainable beans, plus brekkie and scrumptious light meals. Beers, wines, spirits, cocktails, iced coffees. Say hi to Tiah Agustine and staff.
11) Simon's A Taste of the Ocean - English-style fish and chips. Moist, tender fish fillets wrapped in a ight, crispy batter and chips that crunch when you bite with a hand-cut potato scallop on the side. Range of salads and snacks. Say hello to Simon and is staff.
12) Coolum Thai Spice - Weekend lunch menu specials almost 50 percent off regular prices from only $8.90 - save $9. Stir fries and curries $11.90, seafood meals $15. Licenced. Say hello to Phil and Linda.
13) Gelato Mio - Traditional artisan gelato shop using only quality local fresh produce available. Gelato, smoothies, sorbets, sugar-free sorbets, shakes and an Indigenous Indulgance range. Say hi to Helen and Shane and team.
14) Raw Energy - Only the best in healthy produce. All-day breakfasts and all-day lunches, kids menu, gourmet sandwiches and burgers, smoothies, juices and more. Say hello to Andy and Megan Marriott and staff.
15) Natural Harvest - A huge range of fresh health food items so grab a variety of snacks such as nuts, dried fruits, grains, licorice and food bars for your picnic basket at special Festival prices. Coffees too. Allie and Luke are your hosts.